Monday 4 July 2016

Chubby Chick



Isn't it cute? Meet my first egg cup, Chubby Chick. Cost me only $8 as it was the only one left on the shelves. And its beak (if you look closely at the picture) is a little chipped. Original price was $15.

I've never owned an egg cup in my life. When I was a kid, I would have my soft-boiled egg perched on a whisky glass. As the whisky glass was really tiny, the egg yolk would run over. I hated that.

The glasses, if I may add, had never been used by anyone for whisky or brandy except our "ancestors". Two such glasses were filled with a shot and offered to our ancestors on the eve of Chinese New Year -- together with a whole cooked chicken that would have a sprig of pine leaves (from the tree in our garden) in its beak.

4 comments:

streetsing said...

Indeed a cute cup, reminds me of humpty dumpty :) However, no handles? Hot drinks how?

streetsing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
streetsing said...

Don't know why comments appear twice :(

Lo Tien Yin said...

Indeed, no handles :) It's only for you to put a soft boiled egg in it. So you can tap the egg on top to eat it.